ESTI CHEM is RSPO certified - what’s in for you as customer?
Esti Chem use vegetable fatty acids as raw materials for production of ESTISOL ester solvents. ESTISOLs are applied as safer alternatives to traditional hazardous solvents such as white spirit, d-limonene and ketones. The fatty acids are produced from unsaturated European oils such as rapeseed oil but for some esters, the use of short- and medium-chain saturated fatty acids is required. The only commercial sources for such saturated acids is coconut oil, palm oil and palm kernel oil. Palm oil and palm kernel oil are commercially very important.
The way, palm oil is produced, needs to become sustainable. Tropical forests disappear at a rate of about 13 million hectares per year (approximately the size of Greece). Therefore, Esti Chem A/S took an active decision to support the work of RSPO. Esti Chem acquired its RSPO certification in June 2019 according to the supply chain model.
What does that mean for our customers:
• ESTISOL ester solvents are available in RSPO MB quality
• ESTISURF surfactants and ESTISURF microemulsion packages are availble in RSPO MB quality
• ESTICLEAN AR-PLUS w/o microemulsion has been converted to RSPO MB quality
Using Esti Chem products of RSPO MB quality will enable you to:
• Brand your products using RSPO materials
• Contribute to a better world and support UNs Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
• Formulate products qualifying for Eco Label such as Nordic Swan, EU Flower and Ecocert.
For more information: www.un.org